Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Recreation and Community Advisor
With over 300 employees and around 6,000 volunteers the Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s leading provider of services and support to people who are blind or have low vision. One of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic Not for Profit organisations, we need a Recreation and Community Advisor to join us. You will help the organisation achieve our vision of a “life without limits” for New Zealanders who are blind or who have low vision.
Working as part of the Community and Life Enrichment team, the primary goal of the Recreation and Community Advisor, is to support, develop and deliver recreation, life enrichment and peer support opportunities with clients of the Blind Foundation who are blind or have low vision.
This is a role with variety. The successful applicant will work, both independently and as part of the wider staff team, to plan and deliver local, regional and national recreation indoor and outdoor events and activities over the lower North Island. In addition, you will build networks that facilitate and foster positive engagement in wider community activities.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a range of adaptive recreation to both individuals and groups
- Practical experience in managing groups of people and/ or projects.
- Practical experience in delivering recreation/outdoor pursuits/sporting activities with people with disabilities and of all ages.
- Practical experience in group facilitation.
- Ability to develop and manage systems.
- Excellent planning and organising skills, including time-management skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to travel and work outside of normal working hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead volunteers.
Become an ambassador for the Blind Foundation! Our staff take an active interest and participate in fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
If you believe you have what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a formal application below through our Careers Portal, where you can also view the position description. If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment Team on 09 355 6872.
Applications close Monday 29 April 2019.
The Blind Foundation welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages suitably qualified people who are blind or who have low vision to apply for roles within the organisation.
Join the Blind Foundation’s Community and Life Enrichment team and see the difference you could make to people who are blind or have low vision.
Job no: RCAApril2019
Closing Date: Applications close Monday 29 April 2019