Guide Dog Trainer - Auckland
With over 300 employees and approximately 6,000 volunteers, the Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s leading provider of services and support to people who are blind or have low vision. We are one of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic Not for Profit organisations and we are currently seeking a qualified Guide Dog Trainer to join our team at our Guide Dogs facility in Manurewa, Auckland. The successful individual will work within our Guide Dog Training and Client Services team and assess /train dogs to IGDF ‘qualification’ standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a qualification to Guide Dog Trainer or Guide Dog Mobility Instructor level through an IGDF Member School
- Be able to effectively communicate with a wide range of people
- Have excellent planning and organising skills
- Be physically able to walk dogs
- Be able to obtain the necessary work visa if applicable
- Be proficient in positive reinforcement techniques
If you want to see the difference you can make and have the appropriate qualification, then we would love to hear from you.
If you believe you have what we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a formal application through our Careers Portal, where you can view the position description. If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment Team on +64 9 355 6872.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and candidates will be contacted accordingly.
The Blind Foundation welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages suitably qualified people who are blind or who have low vision to apply for roles within the organisation.
Job no: GDTOct18
Location: Auckland, Guide Dog Services, Manurewa
Closing Date: Open until filled