Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Community Organiser and Facilitator
Permanent (Part Time) Parnell Office, Auckland
With over 300 employees and around 6,000 volunteers, the Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s leading provider of services and support to people who are blind or have low vision. Celebrating 128 years, we are one of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic Not for Profit organisations.
The Blind Foundation is the leading provider of services and support to people who are blind and partially sighted. We are proud to be part of the Access Alliance, a group of twelve disability organisations campaigning for robust and enforceable accessibility legislation.
As part of this exciting initiative, we are empowering our members, and other individuals with disabilities and their whanau, to campaign with us. This position is for a Community Organiser and Facilitator who will work on a range of campaigns including the Access Matters campaign.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organising grassroots activity, including campaigning and advocacy, for the Alliance’s ‘Access Matters’ campaign for accessibility legislation for New Zealanders
- Facilitating and coordinating engagement with communities, key stakeholder groups and others for the Access Alliance’s campaign for accessibility and for Blind Foundation-specific campaigns
- Ensure that the grassroots campaigners are empowered and organized to deliver results for the Access Alliance and the Blind Foundation
What we are looking for:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications required
- At least 2 years’ community organising experience is required
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience
- Proven group facilitation skills
- Experience in community organizing for advocacy campaigning, ideally for disability, social and/or environmental justice
- Good level of negotiation and cooperation skills required
- Proven ability to support groups of people working together
- Able to communicate with clients and work in a small team
Become an ambassador for the Blind Foundation!
If you believe you have what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a formal application below through our Careers Portal, where you can also view the position description. If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment Team on 09 355 6992.
Applications close on the 26th April 2019.
The Blind Foundation welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages suitably qualified people who are blind or who have low vision to apply for roles within the organisation.
Job no: ComOrgFacPA
Location: Awhina House, Parnell
Closing Date: Applications close on the 26 April 2019