Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Recreation and Volunteer Coordinator
With over 300 employees and around 6,000 volunteers, the Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s leading provider of services and support to people who are blind or have low vision. One of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic Not for Profit organisations, we need a Recreation and Volunteer Coordinator to join us. You will help the organisation achieve our vision of a “life without limits” for New Zealanders who are blind or who have low vision.
At the Blind Foundation, we believe all people should have the same opportunities for living a meaningful and rewarding life, with access to a range of social, recreation, peer support, and personal development opportunities. This role works to enable people who are blind or have low vision to live the Blind Foundation vision of a “life without limits” through coordinating volunteers and facilitating recreation activities across the Waikato region. This part-time role’s location will be at the Blind Foundation Hamilton Office (30 hours per week).
We are looking for someone with:
- An innovative, solutions focused approach to the life enrichment agenda (recreation, social activities, peer support, personal development).
- A belief in peoples’ potential, with experience or knowledge of volunteer management, recreation and community engagement.
- A drive for achievement; delivering results in a service setting through improvement projects and innovation.
- A high level of motivation to add value, and make a meaningful difference to a worthwhile cause.
- Experience working with communities and empowering others.
In return, we can offer:
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and professional development.
- A varied, interesting and challenging role within a progressive, professional and respected organisation.
- A supportive and collaborative environment working alongside like-minded individuals.
Become an ambassador for the Blind Foundation! Our staff take an active interest and participate in fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
If you believe you have what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a formal application below through our Careers Portal, where you can also view the position description. If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment Team on 09 355 6872.
Applications close Friday 25 January 2019.
The Blind Foundation welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages suitably qualified people who are blind or who have low vision to apply for roles within the organisation.
Job no: Rec&VolHam2019
Closing Date: Applications close Friday 25 January 2019.