Guide Dog Mobility Instructor
With over 300 employees and approximately 6,000 volunteers, the Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s leading provider of services and support to people who are blind or have low vision. We are one of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic Not for Profit organisations and we are currently seeking three Guide Dog Mobility Instructors to join us in three different locations. You will help the organisation achieve our vision of a “life without limits” for New Zealanders who are blind or who have low vision.
We currently have opportunities for full time Guide Dog Mobility Instructor in the Otago region. This position is full time, permanent, working 37.5 hours per week.
This position covers several aspects of Guide Dog Services work including training guide dogs and guide dog handlers, providing after care to Guide Dog teams, providing support to the Puppy Development Programme, and working with Blind Foundation and community organisations throughout the designated region.
The successful applicant will be located as a region based field operator, working from the Blind Foundation Dunedin office. Regular travel throughout the Otago region will be required.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified Guide Dog Mobility Instructor from an organization accredited by the International Guide Dog Federation
- Minimum of two years’ post qualification experience in the guide dog field
- Computer skills and the ability to report fluently via written communication
- Comfort with speaking in public settings
- Strong communication skills
- Physically ability to train dogs and guide dog teams in all types of weather
- Willingness to represent the Blind Foundation in fundraising efforts
If you believe you have what we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a formal application below through our Careers Portal, where you can view the position description. If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment Team on +64 9 355 6875.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and candidates will be contacted accordingly.
The Blind Foundation welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages suitably qualified people who are blind or who have low vision to apply for roles within the organization.
Job no: GMIJul2018
Closing Date: Friday, 21 December 2018